Sharing yoga with children is a unique and fulfilling challenge that has the potential to bring great joy to both the teacher and the student.
Join one of the most professional and comprehensive Children’s Yoga Teacher Training programs available, and learn to teach a holistic class that uses all aspects of the yoga practice to meet children’s physical, emotional and social needs. Classes incorporate yoga and mindfulness activities that help children connect to themselves & their community, access the power of their breath, develop focus & concentration, find strength, balance and confidence through physical movement, recognize and regulate their own emotions, and learn how to nurture themselves through relaxation.
You will leave training with a deeper understanding of child development, the capacity and confidence to create lesson plans that meet children’s needs, and the knowledge to teach in a safe, engaging and compassionate way. We will address the challenges of teaching in school environments, as well as practical information about how to set up new classes, get insurance, talk to schools about yoga, and more.
The Level One LFY intensive will provide you with the fundamental understanding and tools needed to teach a well rounded class that incorporates all aspects of the practice.
• Making asana (yoga poses) accessible, safe and engaging for youth
• Pranayama (breathwork) for youth
• Introduction to mindfulness & meditation practices
• Partner and group yoga practices
• Finding teachable moments & incorporating academic skills into yoga classes
• Guiding principles for teaching classes based on a compassionate understanding of students’ needs
• Creating a well rounded yoga lesson plan
• The ethics of teaching yoga to children