Imagine your classroom full of calm, yet alert and engaged studentswith strong self-awareness, and the capacity to navigate challenging and stressfulsituations thoughtfully and confidently! Today’s students face tremendous pressure to achieve within a world that is often overwhelming. I will share with you yoga and mindfulness based tools, which offer proven methods to develop the inner resilience needed to navigate physical, mental and emotional stress, and overcome barriers to learning.
You will learn how to bring these practices to your school in a simple and effective way. One that supports making your students’ lives healthier, and increasing their capacity to learn effectively, handle distraction, manage challenging emotions, self-regulate behavior, and achieve personal and academic success.
Learn how yoga and mindfulness impact a child’s brain, and how you can harness this knowledge to help your students thrive.
Based on the Five Element program used successfully by the School Yoga Project, this seminar balances practical activities with theory to be taught in the classroom without mats and prior yoga or mindfulness experience.
• Share simple, powerful 1-5 minute yoga and mindfulness practices in your classroom
• Learn how yoga and mindfulness impact a child’s brain, and how you can harness this knowledge to help your students thrive
• Explore strategies for increasing focus and reducing anxiety during test-prep and testing
• Discover ways to improve classroom climate, maximize the potential of transitions, and minimize dysregulation and disruption
• Mindfulness practices to support your own capacity for skillful action during challenging student behavior
Yoga and Mindfulness Support Learning
Ready to Learn: Set the Stage for Success
Transform Classroom Challenges into Opportunities
Create a Mindful School Culture
Continuing Education Hours: 6 hours of CE hours for Counselors, SWs, Psys, MFTs, OTs, SLPs, Educators, Nurses.
Student and group discounts are available. Click registration link for full details
Crystal's yoga journey began after college while working as an elementary school teacher in Oakland, CA. After a long day with children, the rhythmic linking of breath with movement had the effect of quieting her over-stimulated mind. She began to observe herself with more clarity and to unearth with compassion many obstacles on the path to wellness. Yoga was an integral component in her self-care ritual during the completion of her M.F.A. in Acting and soon became a true soul mate.