A Cooling Practice: Seethali Breath
As we make our way into the hottest time of year, Seethali Breath is a great practice to try at home with your kids. This is a cooling breathing practice that children tend to love. It is useful to practice when the weather is hot, but also when the emotions are heated.
- Stick your tongue out and curl it into a tube shape. If this is not possible, roll the tip of your tongue up to touch the roof of your mouth.
- Inhale through your mouth, over your curled tongue, feeling the air cool down as it enters your body.
- Exhale and imagine all the heat in your body slowly leaving.
- Practice inhaling through your curled tongue and exhaling warmth for as long as the child finds it comfortable.
- End with a few deep breaths in and out through your nose.
You Might Also Like